ASA is now accepting committee and editorial board applications and colleague references for the 2023 term in an all-new platform. As a member, you can help amplify your voice, shape important narratives, guide decision-making processes, and ensure the viability of our diverse specialty, all through your service as a member leader.
Here’s what you can expect:
- A faster, mobile-friendly application experience.
- Filter the 90+ committees and editorial boards by keywords.
- Request a reference that alerts the member to your request.
How to apply (self-nominate):
- Visit https://committees.asahq.org (ASA login) today through January 15, 2022. All active ASA members are eligible.
- Click “Apply to a Committee”.
- Complete the four application steps. Applicants are highly encouraged to ask at least one colleague to submit a reference on your behalf for each committee or editorial board you apply to. With a large pool of qualified applicants, these help reviewers determine appointments.
Who needs to apply?
- New applicants – Wish to be considered for appointment and not currently on a committee or editorial board.
- Reappointment consideration – Currently on a committee or editorial board and have a term ending October 2022.
- Committee chairs, committee vice chairs, and ex-officios – Currently in this role but are unsure if they will be reappointed to this position (and wish to stay on the committee, possibly as a general member).
- Some committees and editorial boards are only ex-officio, board-approved, etc. and are therefore not included in the online nomination process. Learn more
Those who already have terms that go to 2023 or after do not need to reapply at this time. Current ASA committees and editorial boards, their members, and chairs with term end dates
How to submit:
- Visit https://committees.asahq.org (ASA login) today through January 15, 2022.
- Click “Provide a reference” in the blue at the top of the page.
- Find the member you wish to support and enter brief descriptions of how you feel they can lend their expertise to make a difference in the specialty.
Chair reviewers can only see a colleague reference if the individual being recommended also submitted their own application by January 15. This is intended to ensure that individuals recommended are willing to serve.
One of ASA’s foremost goals is serving its members’ interests through effective and productive committees and editorial boards. More about the application, review, and appointments process can be found on the ASA Nominations and Appointments webpage. Inquiries on the committee and editorial board application process: [email protected] or 847-268-9250.